Monday, November 3, 2014

Start Spreading the News!

I am on my way back to New York City in nineteen days. I had originally planned to blog once a day from November 1st through the 22nd, but the weekend got away from me. 

Did you catch that I am going BACK?!? Yes, I have been there before and I remember every moment I spent, every inch I covered, every smell I breathed & every person I encountered like I was there and hour ago. NO JOKE.

I have always said that I want to live in Manhattan for about a year to soak it all in - see the shows - experience the food - meet the people. 

The last (and first) time I met New York was April of 2011, five months before 9/11. I know the city will be different, but I cannot wait to see, hear, and smell. 

That trip was as a chaperone for a bunch of high school choir kids. It was fun, but everything was planned for us and we just had to do what they told us. 

This time, I am going along with one of my best friends and her family. We are going to have a blast! 

Oh, and did I mention we will be there the week of Thanksgiving?!? To see the THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE!!??!!

Something else, I am going to meet an awesome music teacher named Katie Traxler who teaches at PS 51 just a few blocks from Times Square. I am a huge fan of her blog and she is an amazing teacher. We have never met or actually spoken except through e-mail, but we are going to meet up while I am there. How cool is that?? 

Thanks for reading my rambling. I am so very excited (as if you could not tell) and will be very sad when the trip is over. I wish Tommy and Savannah could go with me. Savannah is quite upset that I am not taking her, but I promised her I would someday. 




No comments:

Post a Comment