Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Wise Friend and Praying for Unforeseen Circumstances

My, friend, Lecia Garner, once said "It ALWAYS looks better on a mannequin." So, now you know where I got the quirky name for my blog. From time to time, I will share here words of wisdom. What I gained from this title is that what you see is usually completely unrealistic. Try everything on for size and don't get discouraged. You will find what works for you when the time is right.


I tried to name this blog "Unexpected Life." I know, I know, very sappy. I tend to get that way sometimes. However, my life has been full of unexpected events that are not just small things here and there.

Sometimes I look around and wonder what "normal" should be. What should an almost 40 year old woman have experienced during her life. My findings are that everyone has their own normal. There are no rules as to what happens to you in a certain time period.

This past week was no different. Ironically, I had been conversing with God about preparing my heart for each day because we don't know what lies ahead. I am so thankful that the Holy Spirit laid up on me to pray for such things, because I so needed that strength on Friday.

As I walked across the parking lot, our counselor informed me of the loss of a fourth grade student the night before. How do you prepare for a sudden death like that? How do you comfort teachers and students?


By praying everyday for strength in things unseen.

As my mom likes to say "God will make a way."

When I step away and no one can see, I am selfish.
I am tired. Tired of being sad. Tired of God taking people away suddenly.

This summer will be the 3rd year since Leah, Jim and Luke were taken.
Now, Jensen.

Even though I only knew each one of them less than a year, the impact they made on my life will resonate forever.

Leah was a natural leader and so full of life. I was so excited to see what her career was going to do.

Jensen, was quiet, wise and so very sweet. I will miss his smile and attentiveness in my class.

I don't ask why, because there are no answers that would satisfy my human mind. God has his way and I accept that. Until I am "taken", that will be my only peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment